Saturday, February 9, 2013

twist's homemade hoodie (fresh beat band)

We all love the fresh beats at my house so we recently celebrated my son's and daughter's birthday with a fresh beat band / rockstar theme party. I looked everywhere for a hoodie that would resemble twist's but had no luck. I then decided to make it myself.
It was extremely difficult to find a plain yellow hoodie (which is ridiculous) but I finally came across one at target and even though it's not exactly what I was looking for, I was running out of time so I had to get it.

I went through my give away clothes and found a yellow and a blue shirt that didn't fit my kids no more, I grabbed some lids and cups from the kitchen, a pen, scissors and of course my stitch witchery.
 I traced out the shape of the from pocket on a piece of paper and cut it out of the blue giveaway shirt.
Then using my lids I drew the shape of twist's patch design on the yellow giveaway shirt and started cutting (which was not a fun task).
Then using my stitch witchery I cut out the shape of the circles (also not fun) and applied them to the back of the circles and with a wet cloth and how iron I put it all together.
Once the patch was made I again used my stitch witchery to attach it to the hoodie.



those are not stains, it's just wet.
I was pretty happy with the end result. I was so excited for my son to wear it ...... then the day came and my son refused to wear it :(
I pretty much did all the work for nothing :(
But it's all good, at least I proved to my self that I am more crafty than I thought I was :)

No comments:

Post a Comment